Thursday, October 7, 2010

SARAVANAA BHAVAN INDIAN VEGETARIAN, PJ NEW TOWN


I love Indian food always had. Why? Coz of the sensation of the herbs and spices blasting in the mouth. So when ever I see a particular Indian restaurant my eyes sparkle up! This restaurant is located at PJ New Town or PJ State or Area 51.. oops I mean Section 52. Was driving pass it everytime I go to do my banking but was curious what they served. Its a vegetarian restaurant. So one fine day I decided to go in and try.

The ambiance was nice. Air conditioned and all. But going in I swore people was staring at me one kind. I guess I am big ahha. Anyway the waiter was very attentive. As we sat down the came and pass us the menu and ready to take our orders.

As I was scrolling through the menu there were many interesting names that till now I cant even remember how to spell it. I guess its some southern Indian i guess.

I ordered the plain naan. Well, nothing special about this but its nice, warm and fresh.

next is the the vegetarian chicken. Of course you cant compare with the real chicken but the flavour is just nice! and the vegetarian chicken does have a certain texture that makes you think its like chicken haha!


Honestly I cant remember what is this dish called. I know the waiter recommended it to me and its actually cream cheese cubes cooked in tomato, chilli and spices. Very interesting dish! the cheese and the gravy makes an interesting blend. Sweet, sour, salty and slightly spicy. Yum!


This is the devil's potato. Dont let the name scare you, its just spicy potato. Well the potato is done nicely and its not hard or too soft. The flavour is absorbed into the potato well. All this goes really well with the naan or thosai!

This is the tomato thosai... or is it naan. I cant remember, it was all introduced by the waiter. Sorry for the lack of information as this was taken few months back and was busy trying other food and .... yes i admit the lazy me didnt update it in this blog. Anyway this one is also another funny tasting dish. Its actually tasty. Its like thosai made with tomato ketchup! but its fresh tomato! nice!

What I can say is that this is indeed an interesting place to try. But one thing that might be a slight turnoff, it is the price. As much as I enjoyed the food but my plain naan cost RM5. Its quite costly but end of the day its a wholesome and good meal.

They open daily from 7am - 11pm

Location is opposite Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara. Same row with Eon bank, HSBC and CIMB. But parking is a bitch during the weekdays as it is a commercial area. Other notable landmark is the tall PKNS Building and the famous white pencil shaped MPPJ Tower.

Service: 6/10 (slightly slow on the food serving but they serve everything at once, waiter doesnt really understand English or BM well)
Food Quality: 8/10
Environment/ambience: 8/10 (Air Conditioned, spacious and nice layout)
Price: 7/10 (slightly pricey)

My verdict: Worth a try as the dishes are different from normal mamak or banana leaf restaurant. Basically its in between Mamak food and Indian Fine Dining.

7, 52/2, Jalan Sultan, Petaling Jaya, 46200, Selangor
Ph: 603 7954 1755, 603 7954 2755



View Saravanaa Bhavan, PJ State in a larger map

2 comments:

  1. me and adino went to try it last weekend..
    was good :) we ordered their set lunch n banana leaf rice set..kind of expensive for vegetarian food but it was good experience :)thanks for recommending this place..would go again to try others,since we love indian food as well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha glad that you liked it!

    ReplyDelete