Monday, May 28, 2012

Sunday Brunch: Annie1, Damansara Uptown


Image

Woke up late on the lazy Sunday morning. Decided to eat at Annie1, Damansara Uptown after cramping my brain on what to eat on that day. Even tweeted about it to ask what's the best place to eat. My guy picked me up from my house and drive around Uptown to look for food. We just randomly decided that any food will do, then Annie1 it is!

Image

One of the chosen dish is the Wantan Mee Soup. The texture of the noodles are very smooth and delicious too. It's not the typical boric-acid loaded plastic taste kind of noodles that I always get from the low quality noodles. Soup, the taste is very sweet and tasty too. It's not MSG loaded either. You can taste the difference. Wantan, is so-so only. Nothing special about it. Char Siew that added also contribute the tasty flavor in the noodles soup too. Worth to try it again next time if I come here again.

Price: RM5.90

Image

I ordered Char Siew Rice for myself. The sauce is very smooth and sweet. Tasty. I love it! The Char Siew is very fatty but I'm not complaining about it. Not too dry and it's chewy too. The meat is quite tender and it's served hot as well. That's another thumb up. Unfortunately, the rice is too dry and hard if you are looking for a perfect combination. Well, meat is good, rice need more improvement. Perhaps, better water measurement next time.

Price: RM5.90

Image

Both of us are so hungry that we decided to order this Curry Laksa Supreme. Well, that's what it says in the menu. Supreme - means it's curry added with Char Siew, Wantan & Pork Balls, etc. Why Supreme? Reason being most tables on that day have this bowl on their table. I'm curious whether this is the popular dish from Annie1 or everyone just have the cravings for curry laksa.

Image
Though my big pimple exploded I'm still not going to "pantang makan" and just go ahead with spicy food! The soup is very tasty and it's rich with the ingredients. The rest. GOOD! What more can I say. The soup itself makes me can't stop eating the whole bowl. Lick till it's clean!

Price: RM8.50

Verdict:
Food   4.5/5

Service   4/5
The system is easy. Just write down what you wanted to order on the order sheet. Then press 'CALL' on the small device on your table and the waiter will collect the order sheet from you within minutes. Straight forward way of order taking. No mistake. No delay.

Ambience    2.5/5
Nothing special. A simple design of the place. But it's clean and not that stuffy inside as it's well ventilated place.

Location:
Photo Taken from http://www.j2kfm.com/
18-20, Jalan SS21/58,

Damansara Utama,
47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Business hours : Mon-Fri – 7.30am – 9.30pm, Sat-Sun, PH – 8.30am – 3.30pm
GPS Coordinates  :3.137292,101.622545

Will I come again next time? Sure!

*Photo Taken using iPhone

1 comment:

  1. well, i do like wantan mee very much~ =)

    Regards,
    http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

    ReplyDelete